Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The first Video Game ever! - (you may be surprised)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyke Solaris
Owner
Owner
Spyke Solaris

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-07

The first Video Game ever! - (you may be surprised) Empty
PostSubject: The first Video Game ever! - (you may be surprised)   The first Video Game ever! - (you may be surprised) Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 7:55 pm

The first ever video game was first created in 1962.
Now if I were to ask you what the first video game ever was what would you say?
.......PONG!!!
Sorry but your wrong it is actually a game called Spacewar for the DEC PDP-1.
So let me set the scene for you:
The year is 1961 & the place is American University MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Computers at this time were larger than limousines, behemoths operated by paper punch-cards, but a new arrival at MIT was creating a stir. The Institute's latest acquisition, a DEC PDP-1, though stillntitanic by modern standards & priced then at $120,000, was relatively compact & had one particularly impressive feature - a small black & white monitor screen.
Attending that academic year at MIT was a small, tightly knit club of students who spent most of their free time hanging around computers. They spoke to each other using made-up jargon, as teenagers often do, inventing one word in particular, `hack`, meaning "an impressive feat", that would go on to permeate popular culture. One among them, Steve Russell, a smart student with a love of science-fiction stories, set about to perform the greatest hack yet attempted, on the Institute's brand new PDP-1.
6 months of tinkering passed, during which Russell succeeded in creating a 2-player duelling game played out graphically on the black & white monitor. Russell named his creation Spacewar. It featured 2 opposing spaceships, which looked different & were nicknamed the needle & wedge. Both ships fired torpedoes & were controlled with left, right turns & a thrust (in fact, much the same control system as Asteriods would later use.

More coming later
Back to top Go down
bigboom
Noob
Noob
bigboom

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-07

The first Video Game ever! - (you may be surprised) Empty
PostSubject: what   The first Video Game ever! - (you may be surprised) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2008, 3:56 pm

lol! what i am affraid seprised affraid i thoght it was game and watch cos thats old and was king king king of all games when it came out lol!
Back to top Go down

The first Video Game ever! - (you may be surprised)
Page 1 of 1